Text/Telephony Gateway for USSD & SMPP
The N-Squared Text/Telephony Gateway (N2TTG) is a flexible and powerful platform for the implementation of subscriber self-management services in telecommunications networks.
The N2TTG provides a script-based service definition language for USSD and/or SMPP text interactions initiated by subscribers, including:
- USSD One-Shot Requests
- USSD Hierarchical Menus
- SMPP inbound
- SMPP outbound
- N2TTG Product Summary (PDF Download)
- N2TTG Product Presentation (PDF Download)
User & Technical Guide
- N2TTG Technical Guide (HTML Online) [MAP/USSD & SMPP Services]
- N2SVCD Technical Guide (HTML Online) [Run-Time Framework]
Protocol Conformance Statements
- N2TTG SMPP Conformance (PDF Download)
- N2TTG MAP/USSD Conformance (PDF Download)
- N2SVCD SIGTRAN-TCAP Conformance (PDF Download)
Service Logic Features
The Text/Telephony Gateway service logic supports the popular embedded Lua scripting language for the definition of arbitrary service logic.
This scripting logic can freely access data and information from external sources using the following standard provided client interfaces:
- DB Query and Update from a wide range of Relational and Document-base databases.
- REST operations to read and write to external components providing a REST API.
- SOAP operations to read and write to external components providing a SOAP API.
- Diameter Application requests, e.g. for Credit Control balance/price/debit/credit.
This is of course in addition to standard functions for branching, mathematics and string manipulation, arrays, tables, libraries for JSON and XML manipulation, etc.
MAP/USSD Message Flows
The MAP/USSD interactions are defined by the relevant standards, specifically 3GPP TS 29.002:
The N-Squared Text/Telephony Gateway is an efficient system suitable for operators of all sizes needing a cost-effective, highly scriptable gateway function for USSD/MAP and SMPP subscriber self-management services.
The solution is laterally scalable with N+1 deployment for High-Availability, Geographic Redundancy, and to support increased traffic growth.
The N2TTG service definition is performed using a high-level text-based scripting language. A Graphical Interface is provided for platform maintenance. Standard Operational functions include Alarms, Statistics, and Event Data Records.
The N2TTG is built on the N2SVCD framework. The following diagram shows the standard N2SVCD components which are deployed for N2TTG: